|Where to go in Damascus|
Khan As’ad Pasha
Khan Asad Pasha is an important monument in the walled city of Damascus, within the Bzouriyyeh Souk. It was built by the governor of Syria, Asad al Azem, in 1752,being used as a storage space in the heart of a busy commercial area by a large number of shop owners
The Khan stands today as a monument that holds within art exhibitions along the year among other activities. A place which speaks in silent prayers only echoes with the tune of Talisman
Ananias’ Church which is famous for St. Ananias house beside the church. The house is one underground room where St. Ananias one of the Apostles disciples of jesus lived.
Within 10 minutes of walking distance from Talisman is one of Damascus most beautiful houses.
Nour Eddine Al-Zanki
The baths in old Damascus are
Souk Al Hamidiyeh
Souk Al Hamidiyeh is the largest and most famous. Marketplace in Damascus and dates back to 1863. The souk stretches for 600 metres and is arched over iron vaulted roof that was added in 1911. The market is renowned for Damascene textiles, antiques, women's .clothing and jewellery
Cathedral of the Lady Alaniah / Mary
Likely it was established in the era of Byzantine Emperor Arcadeus (395-408) and the great construction. Sources cited historical name of Mary Church or al-maryamiyeh close to Bab Sharki .
The citadel was constructed in the 11th c.ad it was renovated in the 13th c.ad at the ayyoubid reign. It has an almost rectangular form and has an area of about 34000 sq.m
The Citadel stands as a strong monumental mass defending the old city protective, as the doors of a Damascene house. And as heaven awaited behind its doors, Damascus awaited beyond the towers of its Citadel.
Located on a sideway of Bzouriyeh souk the Azm Palace built by As’ad al Azm in 1749 above the ruins of Roman Jupiter temple the magnificant ornamints and the carefult crafted facades blend with its
Roman Arc de Triumph
Roman Damascus lies mostly at depths of up to five meters below the modern city.
Souk Midhat Pasha
Souk Midhat Pasha (The Long Souq): Founded by the governor of Damascus idhat Pasha in 1878. It stands above the Roman Street Called “Straight” hich used to traverse the city from Bab al-Jabieh to Bab Sharqi, and runs
The Grand Mosque of Damascus, also known as the Umayyad Mosque is one of the largest and oldest mosques in the world. Located in one of the holiest sites in the old city of Damascus.